Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday at the pool....

i really didn't feel like swimming today (already), but i am not going to stop (hopefully). i have decided that maybe i will mix it up a little. work out at the gym a few days and swim the rest. i figure as long as i go to the "Y" everyday to do something, then that will be good. however i do plan to swim more than anything else.

they have a raquetball court. maybe i will join the good ol' boys at a game of smack ball.

i didn't go for time today so i have none to report. something tells me that i am still just a few seconds behind the girls swim team time. i have figured out how to manage my laps better. since i have a horrible short term memory, i am always thinking to myself "was that lap 6 or 7, maybe i am at 200 yds, not 250yds." to help combat this short term memory loss, i have devised a system. crawl, back, and 2 breast stoke. that way i will always remember where i am at. all i have to do is remember if i am on my 3 set or my 4th. ugh.

2 comments:

Jessika said...

I suffer from the same STM (Short term memory) loss as you do...I would still forget which breast stroke I was on.

Keep going to the gym, if you miss even one day, everything slips and you have to start all over again...which is really lame.

K + T said...

Danny way to go on the whole gym / swimming thing - obviously I should read your blog more often! Especially because you are a really funny writer - this string of posts really cracked me up. Keep at it, you'll get to the sea lion stage sooner than you think :)