Monday, September 21, 2009

Care for a swim at lunch?

so i have been swimming at my lunch time in an effort to get into better shape. it has been pretty fun and i have felt the effects immediately. i even bought a speedo. never thought i would own one but to be honest, it is the best thing ever for swimming. i cut through the water like a walrus. hopefully i will get down to sea lion, but for now, walrus.

last week i think my best as far as yards was around 650 yds. today i did 800 yds in about 20 min. i did a trial for how fast i could do a 100 yard breast stroke (my personal favorite). i did it in about 2:20. not good considering that molly told me the girls swim team does it in about a buck thirty. so i have some work to do. i think my crowning achievement today was swimming 100 yards, then 200 yards, then 400 yards without stopping. i'm getting better at it.

the worst part however is when i am putting my clothes back on. i am sticky and start to sweat plus my arms are ridiculously tired. it must look pretty funny when someone walks into the locker room and sees me with my shirt halfway on and my pants around my knees, all while i am just standing there resting, waiting to get the strength to pull up my pants. hopefully i will be a sea lion soon.

2 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

I'm so proud of you swimming! You are getting stronger and faster everyday...xoxo

Jessika said...

I hate the getting dressed thing after swimming too. I always feel sticky and chemical smelling.

But good job for swimming! I should do that...