Monday, April 13, 2009

Customer service

(Foreward: i have called the lady and she was the sweetest person. i didn't get 9 words into my phone call when she stopped me to tell me, "oh yes! i charged you too much i am so glad that you called. after you had left i realized that i charged you too much and i got out the phone book to try and find you to tell you what happened." she actually called all the simon's in the phone book to try and find me........i feel like a real horses ass. i still have bitterness towards the first 3 on the F-U list, but artwood is vindicated. i am glad i have small feet and a relatively large mouth, makes it very easy to shove it in there. so i am redacting what i have written about the lady.

now i have to warn you, you read, this email will have foul language. no matter how hard i will try, an F-bomb is most likely to be dropped. having said that......

what the fuck is up with customer service around here anyway? i mean, for fuck sake, if you are not doing your job, you get fired. i have just discovered that i got charged twice as much as i should have for this wax finish for our counter top. i just looked at my receipt and the hand written on says $17 and change, and the printed out one says $34 and change. not only that but it's not like she hit "x 2" on the register or anything because it is not exactly twice as much.

this is why my blood pressure is high. i swear, there is a "lets fuck with because he is too nice" sweepstakes. if i go into the place and they don't give me the difference back, look for me on the county jail website under disturbing the peace. i am at my wits end with people fucking up the most remedial tasks. i am concerned that i will knock something over, if nothing else, i will be yelling if this doesn't go according to plan.

instead of going on and telling exaclty what happened with other companies in the past month and a half, i will write a short F-U list.

1. Comcast (who just blatantly steals)
2. T-mobile (who actually stole from us)
3. Travelocity (who tried to steal about $700 from us, however Alaska Airlines understood. thank you molly :) )
4. Lynden Dutch Bakery (unintentionally tried to steal from me, but at least the girl straightened it out.)
5. and Artwood (for just straight fucking up. they are yet to be vindicated)

i am sure that everything with Artwood will work out, i have the receipts, but i am extremely pissed that i have to go all the way to fairhaven to straighten this shit out........ugh.

p.s. one time, about 8 years ago, i went to a cash machine in a gas station. the cash machine only had denominations of $20. i punched in $40 and the machine gave me a twenty and a ten.............the guy behind the counter didn't believe me, he said i must have pocketed the twenty and slipped in ten then voiced my complaint. the exchange after that went something like this;

me, "did you see me leave the store? you watched me right?'
him, "i did watch you"
me, "when did i supposedly slip this $20 into my pocket?"
him, " i don't know. the machine doesn't carry anything other than twenties."
me, "i agree, that is why i can't figure out why it gave me a ten. do you think this is some scam that i have, i go to gas stations and try and take them for ten bucks at a time?"
him, "i don't know."

i think i eventually got the money, but i had to wait for the owner of the ATM to come, and that was a lot of the same. anyway, just wanted to share that little nugget

2 comments:

Jessika said...

I guess you gotta read the receipts before you leave the store.
I am excited to hear how this pans out.

Mr. S said...

that's what pissed me off, i watched her write it, i don't know what happens between the front counter and the till, but i didn't see her brain fall out of her ear. i mean, she wrote out what the price was, calculated the tax on the calculator, wrote the total on the paper, and told me the amount. how she didn't think to say "hmm, $34 doesn't sound right, i just did the math and came up with $17." is fucking beyond me.